Aqueous Cleaning & Degreasing Company
Aqueous cleaning and degreasing is the process of cleansing parts with a water-based cleaning solution. Many industrial cleaning solutions involve highly acidic compounds that are designed to clean, polish, and passivate metal, but aqueous cleaning uses various forms of detergent to clean more delicate materials, such as plastics.
An automated aqueous cleaning and degreasing system is, for lack of a better word, an industrial dishwasher that uses hot, pressurized water to remove residue from the component, including:
- Organic Compounds
- Dust & Dirt
- Plastic & Metallic Flakes
Most other residues can also be removed with aqueous cleaning and degreasing as well.
After the washing process, components are rinsed with heated water (potable or deionized) and dried by pressurized air knives to eliminate water-spots. The finished product is a component that is cleaned above and beyond the standards of most industrial applications.
Aqueous Cleaning Images From Our Image Gallery
Applications Of Aqueous Cleaning & Degreasing
Aqueous cleaning and degreasing is designed to offer the best cleaning to materials that are not compatible with acidic chemical processes such as electropolishing or passivation. Industries that may benefit from aqueous cleaning and degreasing include:
- Food & Beverage
- Oxygen Service
- Water Treatment
However, the list above is far from all-inclusive. Nearly any product can reap the benefits of a high-quality cleaning.
Benefits Of Automated Aqueous Cleaning & Degreasing
The benefits of using an automated aqueous cleaning and degreasing system above manual cleaning techniques include:
- Less Handling – Automated systems are designed specifically to handle components, lessening the risk of damage from manual cleaning and handling.
- Maximum Results – Manual cleaning increases the risk of “missed spots” as well as recontamination of already sanitized areas during the cleaning process. Automation can offer a more complete cleaning.
- Rapid Turnaround – Especially in the case of small components, an automated aqueous cleaning and degreasing system can speed up the cleaning process exponentially. This is especially beneficial with large quantity orders.
- Filtered Cleaning Solution – Automated systems, such as the one at Central Electropolishing Co., have filtering systems as small as 2-microns. Better filtration translates to a more complete cleaning.
- Material Options – Automated aqueous cleaning systems can gently clean almost any material, including metals and plastics, without causing damage.
Of course the most direct benefit of aqueous cleaning and degreasing is the fact that you receive a finished product that is highly cleaned to meet – and even exceed – the expectations of your consumers.
Central Electropolishing Company’s Automated System
In an effort to better serve our clients, Central Electropolishing Company has designed and developed our own aqueous cleaning and degreasing system. Our state-of-the-art system has proven itself capable of offering consistent results above and beyond the normal call of duty.
Our machine’s conveyor system is capable of feeding parts 24″ in width and up to 12″ tall into a closed, self-contained cleaning environment to protect against recontamination. We can also offer many options for cleaning, including a variety of detergents and water specifications.
Contact us today to learn more, and let our courteous staff help you select the options that will prove most advantageous to you.