Electropolishing For 316 & 316 L Stainless Steel
Electropolishing Services For 316 & 316 L Stainless Steel
316 & 316 L Stainless Steel can be electropolished. The reason why this metal works well by being electropolished is because it chemically removes parties at a microscopic level, making the steel impervious to rusting over time, since it transforms it into a pure metal.
At room temperature Type 304 is only resistant up to 3% acid while Type 316 is resistant up to 50oC and up to 20% acid at room temperature. Thus Type 304 is rarely used in contact with sulfuric acid. Type 904 and Alloy 20 are resistant to sulfuric acid at even higher concentrations above room temperature.
Hydrochloric acid will damage any kind of stainless steel, and should be avoided.
Looking for reliable passivation or electropolishing service for your 316 & 316 L Stainless Steel surfaces, pieces and parts? Celco Inc has been setting the world standard since 1986 for a wide range of chemical cleaning for metals.
Celco’s Youtube Electropolishing Video
Benefits Of Our Electropolishing Process
The greatest benefits of this advanced finishing method include:
- Removing microscopic burrs and leveling on the surface of machined parts.
- Leveling the peaks and valleys that are common on metal surfaces.
- Creating a smooth surface to reduce friction and drag.
- Relieving stress on the surface of the component.
- Leaving a bright, mirror-like finish on most metal alloys.
- Providing a more easily sterilized surface.
View Some Of Our Electropolishing Work
You can see pictures of our work on some 316 & 316 L steel parts and others using the electropolishing process below
and to view our whole image gallery click here.